We understand that purchasing home insurance can be as challenging as buying a home. At Main Street Insurance, we make this process easy by helping you find the policy that fits your needs and your budget.
Typical Home Insurance Coverage
We offer home insurance policies with no restrictions to residents on the coastline. Liability policies, which covers anywhere from $300,000 to $1 million, protect you against lawsuits in the event that you are found responsible for the injury of another individual on your property. Home insurance policies may also cover the following:
- Dwelling: This covers repair and rebuilding costs when the structure of your home has been damaged by covered perils such as fires, vandalism, and windstorms.
- Other structures: This portion of the policy protects structures that are separated from the main part of the house including detached garages, tool sheds, and gazebos.
- Personal property: This covers your furniture, clothing, electronics, and other personal belongings.
- Full replacement cost: If any of your items are damaged or stolen, the insurance company will reimburse you for the current market value of the items.
- Loss of use: When disasters or unfortunate incidents occur that cause you to temporarily vacate your home, your home insurance will cover the costs associated with this inconvenience. This may include hotel stays and pet boarding.
Home Insurance Available Discounts
If you meet one or more of the criteria listed below, you may be eligible for a home insurance discount:
- Premium is paid in full
- No claims filed during your previous premium period
- You have an alarm system
- You have a central smoke detector
- Bundling multiple policies, such as auto insurance
If you are looking to change your current home insurance policy or find a new one in the state of New York, Main Street Insurance can compare policies from multiple carriers to help you find the policy that best fits your needs. Contact us at 631-238-1964 to request a quote.